The Child Health Research Foundation (CHRF) is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to scientific research, advancing scientific knowledge and promoting science education among diverse audiences. CHRF is registered under the NGO Affairs Bureau and was founded in 2007 by a multidisciplinary research group, we operate with the core mission to improve child health by facilitating appropriate policy decisions on the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases, through quality research and advocacy using available resources. We conduct research in four hospitals (Dhaka Shishu Hospital, Dr. MR Khan Shishu hospital, Chittagong Ma-O-Shishu Hospital, and Kumudini Women’s Medical College) and five microbiology laboratories around the country. We collaborate with different international organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, World Health Organization, Edinburgh University, Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University, Centre for Disease Control, etc.
We invite applications for the position of “Senior Administrative Officer” to join our Admin Team.
Job location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your latest CV and cover letter (01 page) by 10th August 2023.The cover letter include a section on why you are applying to CHRF and another section on your strengths applicable on this position at CHRF. Applications without cover letters or cover letters that exceed 1 page or do not include the stated two section will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At CHRF, we believe in an equal opportunity for all. We will consider all qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
• Master’s in Business administration from any reputed university.
• At least 2/3-year practical experience in the related field.
• Excellent organizational and time management Skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels.
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
• Good command of writing skills both in Bangla and English.
• Excellent computer operating skills including MS Office packages.
Starts at BDT 45,000/- (negotiable depending on the experience and/or qualifications of the candidate) + festival bonuses & Provident fund.
• Provide leadership and guidance to administrative staff, ensuring efficient and effective operations.
• Develop and implement administrative policies and procedures to ensure compliance, consistency, and best practices across the organization.
• Facilitate effective communication between various departments, executives, and stakeholders. Coordinate meetings, conferences, and events.
• Maintain fixed asset register. • Prepare recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning staff.
• Ensuring that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
• Ensuring accurate and proper record keeping of employee information, administrative records, documents, and files in electronic and digital format.
• Liaise with external vendors, suppliers, and service providers. Evaluate vendor performance, negotiate contracts, and manage relationships to ensure quality services and cost-effectiveness.
• Assist in the preparation and management of departmental budgets. Monitor expenses, track financial records, and identify cost-saving opportunities.
• Any other project related activities that might be assigned by the management as when be needed.